May Chang Essential Oil
From the small flowers of an evergreen shrub native to Southeast Asia, this basic essential oil is renowned for its flexibility and it can be used in multiple personal cares and household uses, and it mixes well with orange, woody, and aromatic essential oils.
Bottle Depicting the Typical Color of May Chang Essential Oil
Method of Extraction
Plant Part Typically Used
May Chang Essential Oil smells sharp and has a complex lemony aroma.
Litsea is a Southern Asian evergreen shrub that can exceed 10 meters high with tiny pepper-like berries, hence the name "Mountain pepper." It does not belong to the family of citrus fruits, given its lemon-scented leaves and flowers, but is connected to the Laurel and Cinnamon.
Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil come from
- Litsea Cubeba is an evergreen shrub which can grow to a height of 26 feet. It has wonderfully small white or pale-yellow bulbs, native to southern China.
- May Chang Essential Oil is generated by a steam distillation process. The oil comes from the seeds, buds, roots and leaves of the vine.
- Due to their hot and spicy taste, the Taiwanese natives used Litsea Cubeba in culinary preparation. May Chang flowers were also used in herbal tea at the other end of the spectrum.
Uses and Benefits
- Outdoor safety has a lighter taste than other ' outdoor ' oils such as lemongrass.
- The fragrance of Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil is quite familiar to Lemongrass, except it is cleaner and sweeter.
- Together with the other citrus oils, this oil is common to remove greasy skin, if used properly, oil attacks oil. We like to use lotions & face masks in skin cleansing.
- Litsea Cubeba Oil is ranked the most effective mosquito repellent out of all the Essential Oils.