The Universe Hears You
The end of World Space week (04.10.22 - 10.10.22) is upon us and we would like to focus on how we can stay connected with the stars going forward without a lengthy visit.
Most of us are familiar with our Zodiac sign which is linked to our date of birth and the stars that were aligned on these dates. But did you know that we can unite with the universe with crystals?
This is known as Crystal healing; an alternative medicinal method used that focuses on connecting natural healing energies with crystals and stones rather than modern medicines (alone).
Documents found as old as 4000BC has given some insight as to when and where crystal healing originated from. The origins of crystal healing have been linked to ancient Sumeria, Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, Greece, and Rome - wow, that’s covering a lot of ground!
In more modern times, New age crystal healing is related to Native American, Indian, and British (Pagan) cultures.
The individuals who practised these crystal healing techniques believed that crystals act as a channel for healing - enabling positive, healing energy to flow into the body as the negative, disease-causing energy flows out.
This sounds great doesn’t it - so how do we get started? Different stones have different energetic properties. The meanings are simply interpretations of the energy each crystal carries. See the list below for some of the most popular crystals and their meanings:
- Jade: for health and the properties include longevity, purity, fertility, wisdom, and peace.
- Citrine: for business and the properties include prosperity, creativity, digestion, and confidence.
- Rose quartz: for love and the properties include love, relationship, fertility, and recovery.
- Turquoise: for the city and the properties include protection, friendship, love, balance, wisdom, and purification.
- Clear quartz: for healing and the properties include psychic abilities, healing, and energy.
- Amethyst: for meditation and the properties include healing of the mind body and soul.
Everyone has the ability to learn to interpret the immediate characteristics of a stone, e.g. white or clear stones such as quartz may help you see more clearly. You can gain more insight and knowledge by reading and researching meanings however it is important to remember to form your own opinions too. Below is a list of some of the most popular shapes available:
- Single terminated wands: single point at one end and a rough or rounded edge . Most commonly used for healing, cleansing, meditation and jewellery.
- Chunks: crystals without notable facets. Most commonly used for enriching a rooms atmosphere, holding during meditation or simply carrying in your pocket.
- Clusters: a group of small crystals that have joined together over time. Most commonly used for enriching the living environment or workplace. Depending on qualities they can cleanse, invigorate or calm an atmosphere.
- Cut crystals: cut and polished into a variety of shapes for a number of reasons. If cut well this can amplify the energy of the stone.
- Tumblestones: small stones, rocks or crystals that have been tumbled until the side has become shiny and smooth. Commonly carried around in a pocket to keep energy with an individual throughout the day.
Now we know the basics we can begin! The next step is to choose your crystals and begin channeling the energy the best way that fits you. Good luck!